So I am horrible at my eating. I am slowly getting better but I always need help and motivation. As always this blog is about my trip to getting healthy. And I usually go back and re-read my posts to get some great motivation or make sure that I am still following the plan or doing the same steps.
So now today, I am planning to write how to Fire Up my Metabolism. This is important because I really have no idea what to eat, expect the basics. You know the rule…The more calories you eat it requires you to burn more calories to lose the weight.
Here is what I found;
- Eat more protein. Protein is the building block of muscle. Muscle burns fat…so therefore muscle is good!
- Don’t forget your breakfast. You want to try something that is slow for your stomach to digest so you feel fuller longer. Try to mix some lean proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats.
- Drink that cup of joe! But here is the tricky part…you really have to drink it black. A study published in the journal of ‘Physiology & Behavior’ found that the average metabolic rate of people who drank caffeinated coffee increased by 16% over that of those who drank decaf.
- We all know this one…drink water! Did you know that if drank 8, 12 ounce glasses a day burned more higher metabolism then those that only drank 4 or less.
- If your not a coffee drinker try some green tea. Adding maybe 2-4 cups a day can even burn an actual 50 calories a day.
- Try to choose Organic Produce when you go out shopping. You don’t want to be filling up on pesticides. Can’t afford it? Try heading here to www/foodnews.org/fulllist for the most and least contaminated foods.
- Like your chilli peppers? I don’t but I hear that it is great raising your flight or fight senses which in turn gets that metabolism boiling!